Sunday, December 11, 2022

Having Friends Over

Day 59: It's always nice when friends drop by for a visit during the holiday season! Yes, my family group of Canada Jays are still here, having discovered that I will keep the suet feeder filled for them. They do seem to be rather curious about the Christmas tree, only a foot or so away, albeit on the other side of a window, and I have no doubt whatsoever that if I left a window open, they'd fly right in. I've had Grosbeaks and Chickadees try to sneak in past me through the kitchen door, including one fledgling Grosbeak I dubbed "Follower" for his propensity to be at my heel. Canada Jays are notoriously friendly, as backpackers can attest, although this batch (I may have as many as five) seem to be a bit more hesitant. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually accept food from my hand. And then...oh, boy! I will have to be very careful coming and going!

No comments:

Post a Comment