Saturday, December 3, 2022

The Loom Room


Day 51: The Loom Room received an unscheduled reorganization a few days ago when the ancient computer I had been using for backup image storage finally gave up the ghost with much wheezing, gasping and choking in its final moments. I've been expecting its demise for some time, even anticipating the event in the hopes of gaining a bit more space in these crowded quarters. Its footprint has now filled by the sewing machine, out of the kitchen at long last, and some minor shifting of furniture made it easier for me to access a crafts cupboard. The old HP has been sectioned and its recyclable bits binned appropriately, while the hard drive and motherboard are slated for eventual destruction. Besides giving me a certain feeling of satisfaction as I dismembered the beast, its absence makes the Loom Room a more pleasant work area, somewhere I can hide out when I've had it up to the eyeballs with technology. Consequently, the waffle-weave throw is going a bit faster now. Who knows? I might even get some of those bins of yarn used up and gain even more space!

No comments:

Post a Comment