Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Leftovers


Day 82: You know how it goes with casseroles: sometimes they're better on the second day. Faced with roughly 18" of leftover warp trailing the two panels of the waffle-weave lap robe, I decided to play around with a different pattern sequence. Normally, I'd weave a sample to include in my files, discarding the remaining thrums or cycling them out for a shorter project, but there was too much potential here. After thinking about several ways I could treadle, I opted for horizontal stripes, alternating 7 throws of tabby ("over-and-under," the simplest weave of all) with a single waffle (8 throws). After a few inchest, the Casserole Effect set in, and as luck would have it, I found myself preferring the pattern over the original all-waffle repeat. Although I won't set it up immediately after I take the throw off the loom (I have another project planned), there's still an abundant supply of tag-end yarns to use up, so at some point in the future, I'll use this treadling sequence for another blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment