Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year's Weave


Day 80: I hope that all my friends had a New Year's Weave as enjoyable as mine! I decided to experiment with a different warp set-up to see if it made working complex pickup patterns any easier on the bonker loom. Instructional materials for the bonker loom are few and far between, so I am drawing on my years of experience on different types of looms to improvise. Here, rather than running the pattern threads (magenta) through heddles as I've done in the past, I left them free-floating so that when either shed is opened, they form a third layer in the center of the web triangle. Picking of the active threads to bring them to the surface of the band is greatly simplified with this method. For the trial, I only warped a little over two yards, and I am happy to say that it worked out so successfully that I will be measuring new warp today for a longer project (likely a different pattern). Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment