Friday, January 20, 2023

The Sheep In The Shower

Day 99: Working with fibers isn't all fun and games. In fact, it can be downright inconvenient on occasion. I had thought I'd have more opportunity to get the first two skeins of Coopworth wool off the spindles, but the Pacific Northwest skipped autumn but for three short days this year, going from hot, dry summer to wet, frosty winter in the blink of an eye. Consequently, hanging the wool to dry outdoors would have been an exercise in futility, so I waited...and waited...and waited, in the hopes that we'd get two or three clear, dry days in a row. Meanwhile, I kept at my spinning, wanting to get the Coopworth out of the way so I could move on to a better quality wool. As I edged closer to a fourth full spindle, leaving only one on which to ply the yarn, I came to the crux. I had to get the stuff off the bobbins to make room for the remainder. Plan B went into effect last night, and now for the next several days, possibly even a week, I will be sharing the shower with a sheep as it dries slowly, oh so very slowly, and sets the twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment