Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Where There's Life...


Day 96: Yeah, yeah, I know. You're getting really tired of weaving posts. You have to realize that it's winter here in the Pacific Northwest, which means that it's mostly gloomy and wet. And even if it wasn't gloomy and wet, some of us scientifically-minded types would rather not take chances with the new covid strains even though we're vaccinated to the max. In other words, I don't have many opportunities to explore strange new woodlands, to seek out new fungi and new plant rarities, or to boldly go where no one has fallen down before. I've been doing these daily posts for thirteen years now and it's always been difficult to find material in the winter, but the Pandemic Winters have been far, far worse. To that end, I have often wasted time prowling my yard for oddities worth mention, seldom finding any. However, I've been watching for signs of growth in the garden, and today I found a handful of Snowdrops peeking through the ground. Spring, then, must be just around the corner. Where there's life, there's hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment