Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Windy Days


Day 89: It's blowing again. My yard is full of small branches (I've dragged the big ones away). Earlier this week, I had to tie my wheelie-bin to the back porch because it kept blowing over, even with a paving stone laid on the lid. January has brought higher gusts and stronger sustained winds than any month in the previous year. The power has been out a couple of times, although today it's just flickering occasionally, but to be on the safe side, I've cooked extra food, made a pot of coffee and filled a flush bucket. Warm temps mean I don't have to worry about heat. Our high winds appear to be related to the "atmospheric river" systems currently slamming California, and although January is usually one of our "flood months," at least we're not getting the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment