Thursday, February 23, 2023

Oh, Canada!


Day 133: When a Canadian friend saw my krokbragd rangers design, she said, "Classic Mountie outline. Taller boots." The suggestion immediately appealed to me. The RCMP uniform is arguably the most recognizable in the world with its belted red serge jacket, high riding boots and Stetson hat. The jodhpurs had to give way to design feasibility, but that was a small sacrifice and easily overlooked. I already had "sample" lengths of red warp left over from a previous design failure, and although it meant tying a lot of ends I wouldn't have needed to tie if I'd measured the warp directly from the cone, it was a good way to put them to use. Two Mounties in, I said, "Oh, they're adorable!" Having this design on the inkle and sheep on the bonker gave me the opportunity to run a different kind of experiment. Careful scientific analysis shows that over five minutes, four times as many passes can be made on the bonker as on the inkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment