Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Done And Dusted


Day 146: The Coopworth is done and dusted, and the amount of wool I was able to spin in the last three days using the "off the fold" technique was roughly equivalent to what previously would have taken me a week or more. Not only was it faster, I was able to spin more evenly. These last two skeins are significantly smoother than the first six. I decided to celebrate by purchasing some dyed and blended wool as a treat, investing a whole whopping $24 from my limited "entertainment" budget. And as sure as death and taxes, I was punished for splurging on myself when I discovered that one of my ductless mini-pumps had died in the night. It always happens that way. Any time I give way to temptation, something large and bad-tempered comes up from behind and bites me. Maybe if I treadle faster, I can stay warm until the repairman arrives tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment