Thursday, August 10, 2023

Plan B


Day 301: Fiber artists frequently have to think on their feet when something fails to go according to plan. That was the situation in which I found myself when my order for 3/2 cotton arrived on Tuesday. Although I had specified that both cones were to be from the same dye lot, they were not, and they were sufficiently mismatched that I didn't feel I could disguise the fact in a piece I intended for competition. Naturally, I called my supplier and received assurance that they would rectify the problem. However, it will take 10-14 days for the new thread to arrive. That said, having put the 3/2 against my intended warp, I decided that in any event, it was too heavy for the look I wanted to achieve. I was quite pleased with the 8/2 as both warp and weft in the towels I just finished, so I checked my stockpile of weaving cones and found that I had enough "nautical blue" to complete the project. Plan B! Don't leave home without one!

No comments:

Post a Comment