Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Uncut Cloth


Day 335: This is what a coverlet looks like, fresh off the loom. Well, and a little extra. The coverlet will consist of three panels sewn together, and the remaining section will be turned into a matching pillow or something. I'm actually surprised by how quickly this went, but then I really devoted myself to getting it done. My minimum goal was two motifs (squares) per day. Some days, I did as many as five, but that generally proved to be too much for my shoulders. Of course, I was working on other projects as well. Now the floor loom is empty. I had a project in mind, but once I did the calculations, I realized that my reed isn't wide enough, and because reeds aren't cheap, it's prudent for me to change my project plans instead. While I'm thinking about that, I can continue working on the false damask on the table loom. Actually, the first sample piece is almost done. I may cut it free before starting a new one, just so I have something to show my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment