Friday, November 10, 2023

In Case I Forget


Day 28: You know how it is with little old ladies. Just in case I forget where I am, I thought I needed a sign to remind me. Seriously, though...I have been thoroughly enjoying weaving false damask and had a little bit left over at the end of a project which I didn't want to go to waste. I've often thought about making a needlework sign for the Loom Room just because...well, because it would be somewhere else I could hang a piece of fiberart. Actually, I have very little of my own work on display. There are functional items in service, to be sure, like the runner on the harpsichord and a tablecloth in the kitchen, but most of the things I create go as gifts. Since I designed this piece over Día de los Muertos, the top will be finished off with a simple simulated (i.e., woven) papel picado.

No comments:

Post a Comment