Thursday, November 2, 2023

Twill Gamp Patterns


Day 20: Nothing annoys me as much as a mistake, particularly if it's mine, and even more particularly, if it's one firmly installed in posterity. My first twill gamp had one, and I didn't spot it until it had been hanging up for several days. Obviously, it was minor, but the sheer fact of its existence offended my sensibilities. Fortunately, I had strung enough warp initially to make at least two, so I started again with the same sequencing. The photos overlap a bit, but they show twelve different treadling patterns worked over four threadings. When I reached the end of the gamp, I still had enough warp left for one towel/placemat, so I changed to emerald green and wove it entirely in my favourite combination (sixth up from the fringe, i.e., second full panel from the bottom of the center image). This one does not have any mistakes (or at least I haven't spotted any).

No comments:

Post a Comment