Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Where's The Float?

Day 25: If you heard a loud boom and your seismometer registed a 6.7 about 8:30 last night, that was just me. I had gone in the Loom Room to put a few more rows on the current piece of false damask and had in fact added about twenty on top of the sixteen pattern throws I'd already woven when I spotted a pesky float back at the very beginning of the design. I check very carefully each time I make a pass with the shuttle to be sure this doesn't occur, but every now and then, one will slip past me. I usually spot them before it becomes a major undertaking to pick back my work to repair the error, but this time...this time, my attention had wandered. They're hard to see in any event, but if the light is a little slanted or dim, they can sneak in. So, given that mistakes are not allowed in this house, I began unweaving. I got about halfway before I began making mistakes in my corrections (it was bedtime, after all), so I retired for the night and finished the repair this morning. Now I'm back to the point when I discovered the error. The float has been expunged.

No comments:

Post a Comment