Monday, January 15, 2024

Ending At Full Tension


Day 94: With only a few inches to go on Jutta's current band, I am happy to say that the warp is still at full, even tension. I've struggled with slackness in the pattern threads on all but one warp, a problem which other Leksand loom users have mentioned to me as well. After trying half a dozen different systems, it finally occurred to me to direct-warp in a straight line much the same as I would for rigid-heddle weaving, but with one important difference necessitated by the Leksand construction: I anchored the warp about a foot away from the terminals (the two outer posts at the right) and extended the desired length out beyond the cloth roller (left, in front) and then reversed the path. Each thread was taken through its appropriate slot/hole/heddle during the warping process. The anchor point was then brought around and secured to the tie on the warp roller (rear), and the warp bundles were weighted as they hung over the cloth roller as I wound the warp over card stock to prevent it from sinking into itself where it crossed over. It might be too early to claim victory, but I think I have won the War Against Slack Threads.

No comments:

Post a Comment