Thursday, January 18, 2024

Tippy Stakes A Claim


Day 97: I settled into the chair and began tying the fringe on the longer of two "Log Cabin Gone Mad" table scarves, and Tippy jumped into my lap and almost immediately began digging at the cloth. When he wants the chair to himself (it's his chair, mind you, not mine), he indicates that I should move out by digging beside me, but that wasn't what he was doing this time. He was digging at the weaving, specifically. When he had raised a fold of it, he burrowed in underneath, and after several more contortions, got himself comfortable and laid down. Why this particular weaving, and none before it? Was it the texture or the pattern? What was the appeal of this piece? I can't answer that, not being able to get inside the feline logic processes going on in that sweet little head. I just know that I may have to give up my "table runner" to a higher purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment