Sunday, February 11, 2024

Ghost Of Christmas Past


Day 121: I have never been able to determine what triggers the second flush of blooms on my "Christmas" cacti, nor the timing or quality of it. Sometimes it comes in early January, sometimes well into February, and sometimes not at all. The one thing which seems to be consistent is that if the second round of flowers is scant on one plant, it will be scant on the others. Likewise, if it is abundant on one, the others will likely also have more blossoms. This is a good year. In fact, both White and Picotee have more buds than they had in December. When they decide to go on parade, I relocate them to the place of honour on the mantel, although these days, I'm spending more time in the Loom Room than I am in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment