Monday, March 25, 2024

Bolt


Day 164: I never thought of weaving as creating a bolt of fabric because when I'm making a big project like a tablecloth or coverlet, I weave it as three panels, each separated from the next by an unwoven space and hemstitched on both ends. When I began the Wall of Troy a mere two weeks ago, I decided to weave it as a single length because I had nothing in particular in mind for its eventual use. I warped 24', remembering that with my old loom, I needed to allow five feet of waste, but Max is far more efficient in that regard, and I wound up with almost 21.75' of fabric. When taking it off the loom, I rolled it into...yes, what could only be termed a bolt, just like you'd find in a fabric store. Now, I still don't know how I'll use it, other than to put it in the State Fair this year as "yardage" (minimum length required, three yards), but there it is, ready to be turned into something lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment