Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Bronka


Day 166: Here she is, my Bronka, my dream wheel, and she has already spun a few yards of fine wool thread, whisper-quiet and smooth as glass. Named for a dear friend who passed away earlier this year and who shared her Polish origins, she is a Kromski Minstrel, and represents years of longing on my part. She is currently set up with a single drive and Scotch tension, but operates as well with a double drive. I found her on consignment at one of my regular fiber suppliers at a price substantially below retail even for a used wheel of her breed, and although bringing her to live with me has grievously pinched the grocery budget for the next several months, I knew the opportunity would never come my way again. My weaving buddy Ed picked her up for me to save on shipping and brought her to my door today, complete with an additional niddy noddy for skeining the finished yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment