Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Doctor What?


Day 151: I simply could not resist the impulse. I hadn't cut the colour gamp towels apart yet, and every time I looked at the heap of fabric laying on top of the cedar chest, I thought, "Gee, that looks like Tom Baker's Doctor's scarf." My version was slightly longer (24' as opposed to 21' for the real thing), but it was just as colourful. I said to myself, "I have an appropriate wig. I have an overcoat. I have a Tardis, and I assume it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, although I've never used it. I'm going to reincarnate myself as The Doctor." We just won't mention that Tom Baker is over a foot taller than I am, and therefore the signature "scarf" had to be wrapped around my neck an additional time. You can probably guess what the follow-up will be. Yep, I have got to weave myself a real Doctor Who scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment