Friday, April 5, 2024

Secret Falls


Day 175: "Secret Falls" is the name I gave it. On the map, it doesn't have one, and that's understandable because it's only about a yard wide and maybe 15' tall. I made its acquaintance some years ago while snowshoeing up Westside Road when the road was gated for winter. I could hear water flowing, and yes, there was a trickle flowing through a culvert beneath the road, but only a tiny wink of the falls was visible although it was only about fifty feet from me. Curious, I made my way into the forest and around a slight bend, and there it was, its cascade concealed by the angle of the cleft in the rock. These days, it gives me a goal to achieve when I want a short hike as I did on a warm day recently. Secret Falls was there waiting for me, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment