Monday, August 19, 2024

All Dressed Up And...


Day 311: The farthest I've ever been outside the United States was Kamloops BC, and that was due to a navigational error on my husband's part. It created something of a dilemma because he was supposed to be at work the following morning, so we caught a few hours' sleep in the car and a quick breakfast in the aforementioned city at an hour when even the loggers were still snoozing. Then it was back to Seattle where no one really expected him to be on time for work anyway. Bruce lived in his own little world, but that's another story. As for the passport (my first), you might say I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go, but on the off chance that I might eventually be able to afford to fly back east to visit my sisters-of-the-heart, I have the required documentation. How many of you remember when Americans used to be appalled at the fact that in the Soviet Union a person could not travel out of their own area without carrying "papers" attesting to their identities? We were mind-boggled to think that individuals could not travel within their own country without meeting bureaucratic stipulations. What do we see now when we hold up the mirror? Am I likely to ever travel as far as Canada again? No. But at least I should be able to fly out of my home state unless things take a much more serious turn in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment