Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Just Poppy-ed Up!


Day 298: Look what just "poppy-ed" up in the Barren Wasteland! Last fall, a Parkie friend who is now at Olympic NP sent me a small bag of seed from the poppies she has growing along her hellstrip. I've admired them for years in the photos she posts, but I thought they were the traditional Flanders poppies, i.e., solid red. What a delightful surprise to find out that they are closer to vermilion, and that they have a white picotee edge! She sent them in the typical "pepper shaker" pods, which I crushed and broadcast in a prepared area where I know poppies do well. However, only a few of the seeds were viable, but the few which are now developing buds should be enough to re-seed themselves until they fill their dedicated space. Thank you, Lee and Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment