Wednesday, October 9, 2024

One Bird To Go


Day 362: When I started this piece, I honestly wasn't sure I was going to be able to complete it. My vision is no worse than it was a couple of years ago, but it has always been poor even with glasses. I had a friend enlarge the pattern, but even that wasn't much help because the kit dated back to when patterns were only printed in three colours (black, red and blue). The canvas is 18-count Aida, and lemme tell ya, even if it was 11-count, it's not easy to split four threads seven way when you're doing backstitch, and damn near impossible on anything finer. That's what you get when you have computer-generated patterns with no relation to the physical impossibility of performing a task. That said, I have one bird and its nest to go, and then this piece will be ready for framing. It is the last of several kits which were passed along to me by a friend about eight years ago, and the only one I have kept for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment