Thursday, July 30, 2026

Hoya Ilagiorum


Try as I might to do right by them, I tend to neglect my houseplants. When Hoya ilagiorum tried to bloom last year, I was not paying attention to its water requirements and the buds dropped when they were the size of pinheads. That said, Hoyas are virtually indestructible (yes, I know at least one of my readers will argue that point). Although ilagiorum's leaves were withered by the time I noticed, it recovered nicely. A couple of weeks ago, I took it down for a good sluicing (i.e., running water into the pot and allowing it to drain through completely), and spotted several flower heads beginning to form. Needless to say, the plant had gotten my attention, and I've been waiting for it to open. The red "stars" are still recurved in this photo. They will open out in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment