365Caws is now in its 16th year of publication. If I am unable to post daily, I hope readers who love the natural world and fiberarts will seize those days to read the older material. Remember that this has been my journey as well, so you may find errors in my identifications of plants. I have tried to correct them as I discover them. Likewise, I have refined fiberarts techniques and have adjusted recipes, so search by tags to find the most current information. And thank you for following me!
Saturday, July 25, 2026
Tomato Candy
A friend calls Sungolds "tomato candy," and with good reason. They are one of the sweetest cherry tomatoes you can grow. I've done rather poorly with them for the last couple of years, but this year promises to be different. This is the first on two plants, and if the pollinators cooperate, there should be plenty more to come. The peppers also seem to be doing well, with both jalapeƱos and sweets starting to form. The eggplant (only one so far) is the size of a tennis ball, and the plant has numerous flowers. I think this is likely to be the best vegetable garden I've grown since moving here over 35 years ago.
Labels:
cherry tomato,
gardening,
Sungold
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment