365Caws is now in its 16th year of publication. If I am unable to post daily, I hope readers who love the natural world and fiberarts will seize those days to read the older material. Remember that this has been my journey as well, so you may find errors in my identifications of plants. I have tried to correct them as I discover them. Likewise, I have refined fiberarts techniques and have adjusted recipes, so search by tags to find the most current information. And thank you for following me!
Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Pick a Peck
I won't be pickling them, but I will have a peck of peppers to pick! My previous attempts to grow them from seed were complete failures, so this year I bought plants: two sweet and two jalapeƱos, The tag for the sweets blew away in a windstorm, so I can't tell you what variety these are, but the one in my hand is the second to reach maturity. The walls are rather thinner than I would have preferred, but they are tender and flavourful. The jalapeƱos, on the other hand, are just starting to form, and promise to be at least as abundant. Zucchini #5 is almost big enough to pick.

No comments:
Post a Comment