365Caws is now in its 16th year of publication. If I am unable to post daily, I hope readers who love the natural world and fiberarts will seize those days to read the older material. Remember that this has been my journey as well, so you may find errors in my identifications of plants. I have tried to correct them as I discover them. Likewise, I have refined fiberarts techniques and have adjusted recipes, so search by tags to find the most current information. And thank you for following me!
Tuesday, September 1, 2026
Cinebar School Bell
Sometimes, geocaching puzzles and multi-caches can be solved using the internet. It's always worth a try, anyway, but in this case, not only couldn't I find any images of the plaque, Google couldn't even find a reference to the bell! Since I was going out for Chinese in honour of September Morn, I decided to pick up a few geocaches en route to the restaurant, and thought I'd try to get a leg up on this one. I got a little...miffed? annoyed? frustrated? that Google was so stupid it couldn't find a historical marker. I'm feeling rather rebellious at the moment (September brings out the pirate in my soul), so for future reference, here is the object in question, plaque and all. Another bit of information I'd like to impart to Google, yellow-bellied cowards that they are, is that Lake Ontario is owned by two countries. There's a boundary line running smack through the middle of the lake, so if you (Google) plan to call the US' half "Lake America," you can bloody well put "Lake Ontario" on the Canadian side of the line. And keep in mind that the US is the only country insisting on "Lake America" and "Gulf of America." The rest of the world understands that these renamings are nothing more than the conceits of a dog determined to lift his leg on every telephone pole in the neighbourhood.
Labels:
Cinebar,
geocaching,
Google,
Gulf of Mexico,
historical marker,
ineptitude,
Lake Ontario,
school bell
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment