365Caws is now in its 16th year of publication. If I am unable to post daily, I hope readers who love the natural world and fiberarts will seize those days to read the older material. Remember that this has been my journey as well, so you may find errors in my identifications of plants. I have tried to correct them as I discover them. Likewise, I have refined fiberarts techniques and have adjusted recipes, so search by tags to find the most current information. And thank you for following me!
Thursday, September 24, 2026
Quilting Ring Cycles
And so it begins! I finished pin-basting the top, backing and batting together yesterday, and today, I began quilting Ring Cycles. Each nine-patch will have a circle around it, the circles overlapping slightly in the white triangles and forming a scallop around the edge of the central hexagons. It is a very plain quilting job, plain to emphasize the illusion of large circles created by the coloured nine-patches when viewed from a step or two back. It should go quickly, and I hope to have it done in time to put it in at least one fair next autumn. One small problem did arise before I could get started. I searched every possible hiding place for my circle templates and couldn't find them anywhere. I had just reached the conclusion that I wasn't going to be able to start the project today when I had a brainstorm: use the inside round of an embroidery hoop! I had one which was exactly the size I needed. Necessity, they say, is the mother of invention.
Labels:
circle templates,
quilting,
Ring Cycles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment