365Caws is now in its 16th year of publication. If I am unable to post daily, I hope readers who love the natural world and fiberarts will seize those days to read the older material. Remember that this has been my journey as well, so you may find errors in my identifications of plants. I have tried to correct them as I discover them. Likewise, I have refined fiberarts techniques and have adjusted recipes, so search by tags to find the most current information. And thank you for following me!
Tuesday, September 29, 2026
Washington State Fair 2026
Permit me a moment of personal pride here. The Washington State Fair (aka the "Puyallup Fair") is one of the ten largest fairs in the country. I entered five pieces this year, and brought home four ribbons: two first prizes for weaving, a second and a third for spinning. My fifth item (a pair of nålbinding slipper socks) didn't fit in any of their categories and wound up being put with embroidery by virtue of being made with a needle. Consequently, it wasn't really competing against similar items, and only received a "participation" ribbon. I am quite happy with this yield, particularly with respect to the plaid ruana. It was by far the most complicated tartan I have ever woven.
Labels:
coverlet,
Puyallup Fair,
ruana,
spinning,
Washington State Fair,
weaving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment