Monday, May 30, 2011

Pink And Pretty


Day 229: The title is my defense. My aversion to the color pink is widely known, although I often qualify it by saying that some shades found in Nature may pass muster. Although pink roses leave me cold, the translucent pink of Columbine is ... well, let me go way out on the limb here and say "pretty."

Okay, I have an excuse. These came with the real estate. When I purchased my home, the flowerbeds were entirely grassed over and full of weeds. With the help of a friend, they were dug to a depth of eighteen inches and the soil was sifted through our fingers for root fragments. We discovered many tubers and masses, some of which were replanted in the hopes that they might be desirable perennials. Among them were peonies, delphiniums and columbine. For the most part, the latter turned out to be pink. Sigh.

I've learned to live with pink in my garden and yes, even to enjoy it. After all, they were here first.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE pink, and I LOVE columbine, so I'll enjoy them for you, if you'll continue to tolerate them. :-) These are lovely. I love how you captured their delicateness, and so many buds just eager to pop out in pink beauty!

    ReplyDelete