Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Columbine Rain


Day 238: With summer having taken a sabbatical, I am not venturing far from home for my daily blog. With the peony featured yesterday and the Brown-Headed Cowbirds and Starlings uncommonly skittish, I scouted the garden for any other possibility and found this bicolor columbine hiding behind a camellia. It is larger than the fluffy pink or pale yellow ones and must be from a mix of seed I tossed out several years ago. It's made prior appearances, but I tend to forget it's there. My garden is like that: a hodgepodge, a melange of things which survive my lack of attention to their watering. The columbines are durable and faithful friends who endure my foibles.

2 comments:

  1. I would say that this columbine endure because they are a wild variety(the colours are of the wild side), and my favourite.

    I LOVE this macro - the water is a super touch. the detail is great. I have no idea if I will ever succeed in posting this comment - blogs befuddle me to distraction. I can rarely succeed in posting successfully - here is another try.

    barbdpics(flickr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo is perfect, perfect, perfect. You already know I love the delicacy of the columbine, but with the water dripping off, and the lovely bokeh...did I already say perfect?

    ReplyDelete