Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Autumn Paradux


Day 12: Well, what can I say? Who can resist taking pictures of ducks? Today I was near my favorite duck pond with a little time to kill before an appointment, so I went looking for the heron. Didn't find him, but I did find ducks and, as I have done so many times in the past, I stood there like I'd just been given the greatest photo opportunity imaginable, happily snapping pictures of ducks I figured I'd throw away as soon as I got them into the computer. I nearly always toss duck pictures because...well, because everybody takes pictures of ducks.

That said, this little pond has provided me with some great reflections, surrounded as it is by trees of a number of different varieties. Ducks from this pond have crept into my photo files on more than one occasion, despite being so dreadfully cliché. It's been quite amusing to see how these colorful birds' plumage provides camouflage regardless of the season, a paradux to confuse predators indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment