Monday, October 31, 2011

Louët


Day 18: With a "new" antique walking wheel in the house (and in need of repair), my conscience began to nag regarding the llama project which has been sorely neglected of late. I had a recollection that I had been discouraged when one pound of the wool seemed to have gone missing, however when I dug into the trunk of yarns and fabrics, I was delighted to discover that I'd apparently found it at some point and had combined the two bags. A rich, warm tan shade, the fibers are long and silky, and an absolute joy to spin. "Why did I neglect this project for so long?" I asked myself as I sat before the wheel for most of the afternoon yesterday. "And why didn't I buy those batts of blue-green alpaca/wool blend at the Puyallup Fair?"

Even though it will be some time before the walking wheel is back in service, the Louët is out and active. Spinning is a delightful wintertime activity, and I'm grateful for the nudge from an unexpected source which brought me back to the hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment