Thursday, November 3, 2011

Still Life With Peppers


Day 21: I love Mexican food, and I am one of the world's worst cooks. No, the truth of it is that I just don't enjoy cooking. If it takes more than five minutes and one pan, it's simply too much bother to make, therefore I'm always looking for good recipes which can be made quickly and simply.

A good friend often serves as a judge in Chili Cookoffs, so I asked her if she had a recipe for Chili Verde, one of my favorite restaurant dishes. She directed me to a website where I could pick and choose from several in the hopes of finding something I could adapt to make in a Crock-Pot. Call it a lucky guess, but the first one I tried turned out exactly like the Chili Verde I enjoy at our local Puerto Vallarta restaurant. The green chilis you see here (plus a few more) are destined to participate in the next batch. The red bell peppers will be stuffed for a different meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment