Monday, November 21, 2011

You Don't Se!


Day 39: Stewart's Meats is on the wrong side of the road as I'm heading into Yelm, and that's the approach you must be taking to spot this rather incongruous sign. Not wanting to block traffic while waiting to turn across the road, I always go on by, saying, "I'll get it on my way home." And then, naturally, I forget. Today, I turned into the first side road and went back after it, braving the hordes of turducken seekers filling the parking lot.

You si, it should properly read "Se habla español." You se the word a little differently than you would se "si" ("if" or "whether"), and you say it differently than you would se "sí" ("yes"). I am truly confused by the meaning of this, although I certainly can sí the humour in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment