Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Service Award


Day 110: When we arrived at the office this morning, Kevin handed me a blue envelope and said, "Happy birthday!" Birthday? That was last month! Upon opening the envelope, a shiny brass service award fell into my hands along with an employee window sticker. Yes, I've only worked two days since I returned to Mt. Rainier National Park as a volunteer this month, but the award reflects the hours I could document via my journals from my previous employment thirty years ago at Carbon River. In fact, my time at Carbon gives me a strong in-road toward a 1000-hour pin. Now if Kevin would just order my nametag, I could wear this above my shirt pocket!

It is also worth mention that I'm updating my uniforms to the new circular volunteer patch, similar to the small one shown here on my new hat. I'm proud to be a Volunteers In Parks VIP again!

No comments:

Post a Comment