Wednesday, February 1, 2012

New Toy


Day 111: Blame "Angry Birds." I've been waffling about getting a Kindle e-reader for some time now, and what really finalized my decision wasn't the availability of Lawrence Kilham's "The American Crow and Common Raven" (affordable in the Kindle edition, but not otherwise) or the complete works of Charles Dickens free of charge, it was "Angry Birds." I was at a young friend's birthday party and his dad passed it over to me on his Kindle Fire. I'm not much for your typical video/computer games as a general rule. I much prefer to sit down with a book of sudoku or kakuro puzzles for some mental calisthenics. Somehow those goofy wingless birds just struck my funnybone. I'm sure I'll tire of it quickly, but by then I should have been able to get the password to the wi-fi at work and will then be able to keep myself amused with Kilham and Dickens.

Footnote: just got invited for dinner and a wi-fi session! Thanks, Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment