Thursday, February 16, 2012

Still Life With Artificial Ivy


Day 126: Desperation, that's what this is. I love still lifes and I don't even have an orange in the house to put with some kind of crockery. I've been wanting to use my mom's ivy vase in an image for some time now, and since the light was soft this morning, I decided to fill it with ... what?

Well, Doug fir branches in an ivy vase look a tad strange, if you take my meaning, and the only other thing green would have been a bud of hellebore which has barely emerged from the ground. In lieu of a bright bouquet, I resorted to a spray of artificial ivy I'd intended for a purpose now abandoned. The Nigella pods are from a garden now only green in memory.

The moral of the story is that desperate times call for desperate measures. Come on, Spring! Hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment