Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Boondocks Landscaping


Day 322 (bonus edition): Out here in the boondocks, "landscaping" takes on a whole 'nother meaning. Since the guys burying the phone lines couldn't put this feller back in the hole, couldn't shove it off into another landowner's property, couldn't leave it by the roadside and didn't want to have to bring in a dump truck to remove it unless they absolutely had to, they asked me if I wanted it in my yard. I thought about it for a minute...the difficulties of mowing around it could be surmounted by a healthy dose of Roundup and some beauty bark...and I said, "Sure, can you drop it over the fence in that corner over there?" I buttered them up with a plateful of cookies, and before the crew left, they installed the Zen Rock in the corner where nothing will grow. It's going to be a race to see if the rain washes it clean before moss takes it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment