Friday, August 17, 2012

First Cosmos


Day 318: Either deer or elk "groomed" my garden during the night a week ago, removing the heads and upper leaves from a variety of plants, including a sunflower which was just about to open, Globe Gilia, Livingston daisies, Rudbeckias, even venturing close enough to the house to sample the Pitcher Plants in a stand just outside the kitchen door. That said, the guilty varmints seemed to prefer to keep their hooves on the paved sidewalk, so plants further back were spared. This morning as I went out to deliver breakfast to my avian clientele, I noticed this brilliant Cosmos, the first of the season. I have made no adjustments to this image in post; the vividness of hue was provided by "Golden Hour" sun, and despite my customary objection to pink shades, I cannot help but enjoy the vibrance this flower brings to the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment