Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Onion Rock


Day 350: Honest, I do not ride around in the car with an onion in the passenger seat. Or a rock, for that matter, but immediately upon spotting this sign, I went in search of both. Some things are just too good to pass up, y'know? Actually, there were two versions of the sign at either end of a half-mile stretch of road. Even standing on the seat of my car, I could barely reach up high enough to get the onion and the rock in the photo. I still had to stretch at the second sign, but it was a good two feet shorter than the first one. That said, there is an ironic twist to this tale. There is no rock outcrop...not even a large boulder...in the area which might bear the appellation "Onion Rock." Perhaps the sign's manufacturer just thought an onion (singular) was really cool. Onion, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment