Saturday, November 17, 2012

Song Of India



Day 46: As two friends and I continue to dig into my dad's history as a Prisoner of War, mysteries are unraveling. I have always wondered about the brassware my mother claimed he had brought back from India since as far as I knew, he'd never been there. I know now that he was hospitalized in Calcutta until his condition stabilized sufficiently for him to make the long sea-voyage back to the US. He must have regained enough strength to be allowed leave to walk the streets, or perhaps a vendor came to the hospital where he was staying. That is something I do not know, but at least the major piece in the puzzle has been put in place. This knowledge also goes far to explain my mother's love of Bells of Sarna, India prints and of course Ganesha, the elephant-headed son of Shiva and Parvati who helps those who need to overcome impossible obstacles. Circles within circles within circles, the story continues to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment