Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Zygo Yellow



Day 43: It seems like it was only a few days ago when I noticed the first signs of buds on the Zygocacti in my crafts room. They live back there all year, neglected and often droopy from lack of water, and yet they still reward me with lavish blooms beginning in the middle of November. My favorite is the yellow one. It's somewhat rare, which is to say you won't find them at your supermarket but some nurseries offer a limited few. I've given away so many starts from this one that it's still small and manageable.

Usually, I don't notice the buds until they are starting to swell, and sometimes not even then. After seeing little pips last week, I thought it would be longer before the flowers opened. Obviously, I was wrong. This beauty is now the guest of honor atop my hutch desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment