Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's The Little Things


Day 86: Seriously, anybody can make this stuff, right? Even kids can make it. Well, I can't, or at least I can't make it tasty. Mine is either bland, not salty enough or too salty, too oily, burned, limp or otherwise unsuccessful. How can snack mix be unappetizing? Trust me, I know at least two dozen ways to make it so.

Friends make good snack mix. They've shared their recipes with me. I could stock a mom-and-pop grocery store with the boxes of Chex and pretzels I've wound up feeding to the birds. And the worst of it is that I really like snack mix...so much so that there isn't going to be any of this left to share with Kevin out of the container labelled, "For work." I already polished off the one labelled, "For home."

This delicious display was brought to you by a really good cook! Thank you, Patty!

No comments:

Post a Comment