Friday, January 25, 2013

Life Is Too Short Not To Try New Foods


Day 115 (Part A): It has long been my assertion that life is too short not to try new foods. I've eaten some very odd things and found them to my liking (lutefisk included), but one thing I had never tried was Haggis. My Scots heritage would not allow this omission any longer, so around Christmastime, I began my search for the Elusive Haggis. Through our British postmistress, I finally found a butcher shop which prepared their own, along with other specialty meats made in the traditional British or Scots manner. I ordered a one-pound Haggis. After all, there's only one of me. It was delivered frozen, to be thawed prior to cooking in the slow pot in an inch of beef broth for a couple of hours. Lamb and beef spiced with sage, red pepper, black pepper and sugar, I was certain it would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment