Saturday, January 5, 2013

Porcelain Petals


Day 95: The porcelain petals of the roses ornamenting this tiny container are only barely more than paper-thin, so delicate and dainty that I keep it safely behind glass. It was a gift from a friend who purchased it in England. I love the intensity of color in the flowers, contrasted so beautifully against the creamy white. The interior cavity is only an inch in diameter, and although I don't keep jewelry in it, it would be perfect for a small item like the pinky ring I've chosen to display beside it.

The ring is equally dainty. The stone is a sapphire which my father brought back from India at the end of WW II. My late husband faceted it from the rough and set the finished stone in 14 karat white gold.

1 comment:

  1. Really a pretty little container....the flowers so delicate.....and the ring is beautiful! Memories with such treasures :)

    ReplyDelete