Monday, February 25, 2013

The Winged Adventure


Day 146: I must admit to a terrible temptation to say "I barqued my shin," but this tattoo is above my ankle, so the phrase wouldn't be semantically accurate. That said, the ship is in fact a three-masted barque, a very maneuverable small vessel, easy to handle with a minimal crew, excellent for dodging in and out of hidden coves and therefore the perfect choice for a pirate such as Capt. Morgan Corbye who, I am given to understand, is becoming quite restless for a raid. She has been ashore far too long for comfort and the Winged Adventure has been careened, her decks holystoned, her masts and rigging serviced, and the good Captain is anxious to set sail. To date, I have not been able to verify a report of an altercation involving the Harbourmaster, several cases of rum and the Captain's hat, but I feel certain that when said Harbourmaster is located, he will dispel any rumours which may be presently in circulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment