Thursday, April 11, 2013

Barred


Day 191: Woe to any who enter here! They go down into the depths, never again to see the light.

No, this is not the Winged Adventure's brig, nor has Morgan Corbye found herself on the wrong side of the bars in some colonial prison. This is a storeroom now, but it was once the jail at Longmire. It is in the basement of the Administration Building where I work, and until today, I didn't know it existed. I'd gone hunting for furnace ductwork and cobwebs or a broom closet, or some place equally forbidding and photographically irresistible. I did not expect to find a dungeon beneath my sunny workspace, faint light sifting into the cell. It was worth a trip back up the stairs to borrow a tripod. Oh, but the potential for a story lurks in these shadows, and I suspect that at some point in the not-too-distant future, a certain pirate captain may find herself temporarily housed in these lavish accommodations. Rumour has it that she's planning another raid...

No comments:

Post a Comment