Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Don't Shoot!


Day 190: So there I was, out for a nice walk in the rain in Pack Forest, just minding my own business and staying out of prohibited areas, when suddenly a tank burst through the scotch broom and brought its gun to bear right between my eyes...

And if you believe that, I'll sell you the flock of sheep I have pastured out in Golden Gate Park. You might be just a little too gullible for your own good.

I was indeed out for a walk in the rain in Pack Forest, minding my own business and staying out of prohibited areas, but the "tank" is an industrial-sized disc harrow, and its "gun" is a shaft, presumably one which connects it to a piece of hauling equipment. It's been sitting in the same spot for at least ten years, and the scotch broom has grown up through its metal framework. I've looked at it dozens of times, but never saw the photo opportunity until today. Guess that makes getting wet worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment